November 26, 2021
This is my first time encountering such problem in excel pivot table with Power Pivot and I am unable to figure out why. I wanted to show the male and female for each of the grade. The total number should show as 42 (adding up both male and female). Note that the value is actually a measure to filter out Non Staff and inactive staff of the latest month of the year.
1. Image "capture3" shown a power pivot table but the Non-Exec 1 and Non-Exec 3 "grand total" are not added up correctly/wrongly. The total should be 42 but if you were to add them up manually, it was 44.
- There should be only 1 Female for "Non-Exec 1" but the table show an additional Male.
- There should be only 8 Male for "Non-Exec 3" but the table show an additional Female
2. Image "capture4". When I remove 1 of the dimension (Gender). It showed correctly as 42 with Non-Exec 1 and Non Exec 3 shown correctly.
3. Image "capture5". When I remove 1 of the dimension (Grade). It showed correctly as 42.
Appreciate if anyone could help.
October 18, 2018