March 19, 2021
I'm not sure if anybody could help me on how to approach Project Pipeline Fee Forecast - Work in Progress Attached
- Project Start Date
- Project Finish Date
- Duration - =DATEDIF(C5,D5,"M")
- Potential Fee
- Chance of Getting
- Possible - Data validation with dropdown list and conditional formatting set to GREEN
- Probable - Data validation with dropdown list and conditional formatting set to AMBER
The aim is to get:
- Possible and Probable average month-by-month predicted fee in a Table
- Then create PivotTable
- Then Slicer and Dashboard - seems to be easy when you watch Mynda's YouTube tutorials - BTW very good indeed...
I know how to do that manually with many, many, basic formulas but, it takes time to amend.
Any help would be appreciated.
June 25, 2016
You did not provide sufficient data for us to do a more detailed test as you wanted a month-by-month analysis.
I have added a few dummy data instead.
I have no idea which column is the month-by-month you are referring to so I am using the start date in this example.
Create a Pivot Table and set Summarize Values By to Average
Group the date (start date) by months (and also years if you have more than 1 year)
Please refer attachment.
March 19, 2021
Thank you for your prompt reply and help.
I was looking at Mynda's 'Excel Formula to Spread Income or Costs Over Months' to get the avarage breakdown of potential fee per month.
I've added two additional tabs with Project1 and Project2 but, I got stuck on how the month-by-month information can be linked back to the Pivot Table and report cumulative figure per month from both projects.