November 20, 2015
I'm new to VBA and still trying to understand how to write VBA code. So with that said, I have several spreadsheets that have the following value in the cells "+" without the quotes scattered throughout the spreadsheet. What I am hoping to accomplish is create a macro that looks for these cells that have the + value in the cell and delete that cell by shifting the columns to the left. Is this possible?
June 25, 2016
I would suggest you just use Excel to do what you want as it is easier.
- Click Home > Find & Select > Find, and a Find and Replace dialog box will pop out.
- Input the text "+" (without quotes) that you need in the Find what dropdown list.
- Click Find All. All of the texts you need will be listed in the box.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all of the values in the box.
- Click Close. All of the text that you need have been selected.
- Click Home > Delete > Entire Column (or whatever option you need)
Hope this helps.