February 3, 2022
hello, i would like to know how to distribute an amount within two dates, i work in construction so we need to program quantities of element date by date then use the quantities in the week or in the month to:
1. compare planned vs actual, per date and accumulate
2. to plan the resources for example if we are going to make 5 piers in feb how many concrete, reinforcement means that
my difficulties are
1. i can distribute per day but i don't know how to resume per week and month so I'm making the summary by hand every time.
2. i dont know how to distribute correctly the amounts per week or month because if i start at the middle of a week and finish at the end of the next one im planning to work just 3 days of the first week and 7 days of the last week, but if i use the regular formula, the distribution would be between two weeks half quantity and half quantity which is not correct, same with months
3. my other problem is i cannot put all the information in only one table as long the actual quantities come little by little one day one pier another day another pier so i cannot put them in only one column.
and i really would to put everything in one table so i can play with the pivot tables but with programmed and planning quantities
thank you thank you very much!!!
November 8, 2013
The structure is not right, all the problems described come from structural design issues.
A way to do it can use 2 tables, one with Activities start and end dates and other initial information, and in the second table you have to insert daily information from execution.
The tables will need to be combined in PQ or with vba to display as you want.